Synergy Selection are working with a Leading Data Vendor who are currently seeking an Operations Engineer to join the team in their London City offices, the role is a fantastic opportunity for candidates that are looking to progress through an organisation and create a solid career path. You will be responsible for proactively monitoring all servers, application software, and network connections, as well as for detecting issues and fixing them.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to and efficiently resolving client issues and requests.
- Assist in testing new software and installing updates.
- Correct data errors.
- Set up new systems/hardware.
- Manage new data downloads, run backups, and create and update documentation.
- Liaise with data suppliers.
- A bachelor’s degree or similar in a technical discipline with strong academic credentials.
- A proactive, flexible, and creative engineer.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, which are necessary to work with colleagues and clients.
- Solid working knowledge of all Windows operating systems and PC hardware.
- Broad understanding of IP communications and technologies.
- Documentation skills and organizational skills are key.
- Experience with monitoring systems and experience in the financial and investment industry is desirable.
For more information please call Claire McIlwaine on 0207 965 4733 or email email@example.com