Financial Analyst – City Based – up to £70K PA depending on experience.
Synergy Selection have been retained by a a niche provider of bespoke benchmarking services to recruit for a Senior Financial/ Business Analyst to provide strategic, proactive and value creating support to the Senior management team. This is a challenging role well suited to an experienced finance professional looking to make their next career step with the view of moving into management. The role offers a great opportunity to join a strong team within a dynamic organisation.
- Drive and control the creation of bottom up departmental budgets and the group budget for 2014, including identification of cost drivers and apportioning of costs across departments.
- Design, implement and maintain fully analysed financial reports for Global Department Heads and Dashboard Summary reports – inc analysis of actual vs budget and forecasts.
- Provide support/ control in the management of these through better financial management processes and review.
- Ensure continuous review and redevelopment of reporting requirements including efficiencies of data extraction.
- Provide financial advisory support for new initiatives ( inc business case production/evaluation), operational improvement opportunities and ad hoc qualitative and quantitative analysis which is insightful
- Create, develop and maintain financial models for the group.
Essential knowledge and skills
- Graduate or equivalent with a relevant post graduate professional qualification.
- Experience in a small to medium company.
- Advanced Excel with PowerPoint and Word skills.
- Commercially business astute with proven track record in decision support and financial analysis.
- Analytical and detailed approach to work. Experienced in financial modelling, analysis and financial planning encompassing all aspects of budgeting and forecasting.
- Able to critically review results against budget/ forecast and investigate material variances.
- Builds relationships and shares knowledge effectively – strong communication skills.
- Must be able to identify issues and escalate accordingly.
Proven ability working under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines and prioritise appropriately.
Desirable knowledge and skills
- Power Pivots
- MS Great Plains
- Solid communication and concise presentation skills.
- Commercially aware.
- Sound relationship building skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
This is an ideal role for those who can demonstrate a proven background in Financial Analysis gained in a small to medium company over a period of 5 + years. The ability to work autonomously and quickly establish credibility with the business is also imperative.
If you would like to know more about the role please call me on 0207 965 4733 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org